Friday, May 21, 2010

Third Endocronologist Consultation


On 20th May, I was hoping to meet one of the best thyroid-endos in Brussels, at University Hospital St. Luc... but was finally faced with her assistant's assistant... or student, to start with. It was too weird... so I'll rather skip it. Bottom line, nothing new was said & I have a witness this time - Berry was with me (I've got a copy of their written report on 18th June - 1st and 2nd page):

• less then 10 % of nodules are benign
• as your goiter and nodule are already so big, hormonal treatment would be of no use
• operation is not urgent but it's the only way to annul nodule
• neck scar surgery would opt to remove only the right lobe of your thyroid, where the nodule is,
but final decision would be taken during it (you might also wake up without thyroid)
• if only half of thyroid removed, you might not need hormonal treatment afterwards but it's not sure
• if entire thyroid removed, you'll need hormonal treatment "forever"
• make an appointment with our thyroid-surgeon who'll explain surgery and anesthesia options to you

Well, as you might figured it out already, as of this day, I'm postponing ALL concerning hospital(s).
No consultations, no ultrasounds, no scintigraphy... Temporarily, nada mas!
I'll let my physician to weekly check up my vital functions and order me to lab - but that's all. Let's go Breuss at once!

1 comment:

  1. I HAD TO BE TAKEN OFF THIS SYNTHETICS DUE TO SIDE EFFECTS. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS DRUG. I recommend taking natural thyroid supplements from Nutri-meds.com."

    ReplyDelete